Knapp Veterinary Hospital was founded in 1945 by Columbus, Ohio, veterinarian Dr. J. Harold Knapp across the street from the current hospital. Doctor Knapp was born in Lebanon, Ohio, and graduated from The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine in 1932. He remained on the faculty until starting his own veterinary practice. Knapp Veterinary Hospital was one of the first veterinary practices in Columbus devoted to the care and treatment of pet animals. In 1948, the practice relocated to the current address and has served clients and their pets ever since.
In the fall of 1996, Knapp Veterinary Hospital moved into a new hospital building which was constructed behind the previous facility. The current animal hospital allows our experienced Columbus veterinarians and veterinary support staff to provide the highest quality veterinary care.
Our strong work ethic is established by maintaining a compassionate and devoted Health Care Team of Veterinarians, Registered Technicians, Receptionists, Kennel Assistants, and Practice Managers. We are committed to client education, individualized preventive health care, and the diagnosis and treatment of disease.
We succeed through client satisfaction, personal and professional enrichment, and reinvestment into the practice and community.