Office hours: Monday through Friday 7 am - 7 pm
Saturday 7 am - 4 pm
596 Oakland Park Avenue, Columbus, OH 43214
Phone: 614-267-3124 Fax: 614-267-0049
Email: info@knappvet. com
*Securely access your pet's medical record online with ePet
**If you are a new client or are bringing a new pet, please fill out your paperwork online 24 hours before your appointment or print a copy to bring with you.**
Holiday Tips for Pet Owners
- Hang breakable and small objects out of reach.
- Do not place food gifts under the tree or popcorn garland on the tree.
- Do not add chemicals to the tree water - if your pet drinks the water, these chemicals may be harmful.
- Keep tinsel out of reach.
- Poisonous plants include, but are not limited to:
- Visit the ASPCA: Animal Poison Control Center for a longer list, which includes pictures.
- These can cause vomiting, diarrhea, or other serious health problems.
Lights and Candles
- Tape any exposed electrical cords to walls or floors to deter chewing.
- Keep candles out of reach and do not leave unattended.
- Gift wrapping can be harmful if swallowed. It may cause choking, upset stomach or more serious problems.
- Do not allow your pet to play with or chew small objects, ribbon or wrapping paper.
- Bones and table scraps can cause vomiting and diarrhea.
- Keep candy in a cabinet where your pet cannot reach. Some animals are able to open cabinets and doors.
- Chocolate can cause vomiting, diarrhea, hyperactivity and possibly seizures or death if even small quantities are consumed.
- The level of toxicity depends on how much and what kind of chocolate was eaten as well as the size and overall health of your pet.
- Types of chocolate include (from least to most toxic): white/milk chocolate, dark chocolate (semi-sweet, dark), unsweetened chocolate (baker's/baking chocolate) and unsweetened cocoa powder.
- If ANY chocolate is eaten, call your veterinarian or emergency center IMMEDIATELY.
- ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center has more information.
- Candy wrappers can be harmful - they may block the digestive tract.
- Make sure your pet cannot reach any sugar free products such as Trident. The xylitol in such products can cause severe health problems or even death. Veterinary Partner has more information.
- Raisins, some nuts, and onions/chives are also toxic and should be treated immediately.